Goal: At the end of the course, you will know how to develop apps for Android phones and tablets using App Inventor 2 of MIT which is based on using blocks (like legos) to assemble and build the app.
Audience: Adults and children of age 10 years or older. The course will focus more on the children and everyone who is enthusiastic to develop apps for Android platform. They will see how easy is to develop games and so many apps and run in front of your own eyes on Android! As this course uses a fifth generation technology that does not require any complex computer programming such as Java, C, Python, etc., any one who is keen on making Android apps can join.
(1) A laptop or desk top (PC or Mac) connected to internet during the entire sessions of the course. No prior knowledge of computer programming is required but knowledge of computer is required. Supported platforms are: Any Mac OS, Windows 7, Windows XP. Windows 8 is not supported.
(2) It should have Firefox or Chrome installed and running. Internet Explorer is not supported.
(3) Keen interest to learn developing applications for Android mobile phones and tablets is required
(4) An Android phone is preferred as it will be very effecting during the course. However, if you don't have a phone, a software simulator can be used, but won't be as realistic as the real phone.
Method of Course:
(1) Participant can join and learn from anywhere
(2) We will use WebEx for conducting the course and every day class will be also recorded